The submitted abstracts will be accepted after a blinded peer-review evaluation. During the peer-review process, the reviewers may request some necessary changes to the submitted abstract.
Submission involves BOTH uploading to the form on this page AND emailing your abstract.
- The abstract should be 250 words or less, excluding the title, authors, affiliations, keywords and ethical approval & funding statement.
- Text should be single-spaced.
- Limit the number of authors to no more than seven in total.
- Do not indent paragraphs.
- All abstracts must be submitted in the English language.
Your abstract should contain the following:
- Title of the abstract
- List the full names and surnames of all authors.
- The full address/affiliation details of all authors must be given: Department, University and/or Hospital, City, Country (in this order, the street address is not needed)
- The abstract should be structured under four sections: Objectives (briefly state the background and the purpose of the study), Methods (describe the methods used), Results (state the findings), and Conclusion (include the significance of the findings, please avoid such phrases as ‘the significance of the findings will be discussed’).
- Following the abstract, 3 to 5 keywords that are relevant to the study should be added in alphabetical order.
- References should not be included.
- Include an ethical approval and funding statement at the end of the abstract.
- It is important when describing experiments using living animals that any anaesthetic and surgical procedures are described, and if necessary, the way in which the animals were euthanised is described.
- Where abstracts refer to experiments on living human subjects, they must include a statement that the experiments were performed with the understanding and consent of the subject.
- Descriptions of research on human cadavers must describe the legal/ethical framework under which the work was performed. If no ethical approval was required, please add a statement to confirm this at the end of the abstract.
Following submission, you will receive an e-mail confirmation that the abstract has been received. If you do not receive confirmation, please contact with the conference organisers at email@example.com. Your submitted abstract will then be considered by the scientific committee.
- Before clicking the submit button please ensure that you have addressed all aspects of the submission guidelines.
- File name: Please ensure the file you upload is a word document (*.docx). Also, the file should be named as follows:
SmithAB_ANZACA2023_Abstract_Either.docx. This helps categorise the abstracts quickly and facilitates review process.